Originally Posted by brdana
Unintended consequences. NR tag $660 Outfitter sponsored tag $1500. The difference funds Block management. What will fund it now? Their will be an economic impact on the state, I don't think anyone knows what it will be. I don't think it will be positive for the state. Who knows?

NEW SECTION. Section 9. Hunting access account. (1) There is a hunting access account in the state special revenue fund. Funds deposited in this account may be used only for the purpose of funding any hunting access program established by law or by the department through administrative rule.
(2) The following funds must be deposited in the account:
(a) 25% of the fee for Class B-10 nonresident big game combination licenses pursuant to 87-2-505(1)(c) and 25% of the fee for Class B-11 nonresident deer combination licenses pursuant to 87-2-510(1)(b);
(b) 25% of the fee for hunting licenses issued to nonresident children of a resident pursuant to 87-2-514; and
(c) the hunting access enhancement fees assessed pursuant to 87-2-202(3)(c) and (3)(d).
(3) Any interest or income earned on the account must be deposited in the account.

i would have voted to get rid of the outfitter licenses if it meant i had to pay more to fund the Block Management program.....the issue at hand was not out of state hunters and if someone wants to put through a change to it that drops the nonresident cost some and ups the resident costs some ive got no problem with that.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books