First off goat hunting does not cost that much. Its alot cheaper. Its only 5k for all of us. Those prices do include a place to stay and meals. By the time we paid for a motel and bought food for the week it does not cost alot more for us to have a place we can drive around on instead of walk. We drive by public land everyday we are out there and we get to avoid all those guys by paying a fee. Like I said before its two days out and two days back for us. If we try to scout public ground for a couple days that makes a very long trip for us.

MT its not that $200 is something I can't afford its the principle of thing. The state thinks that they can just steal from non-residents. Everyone bitches about health care cost rising 9% but a muledeer tag can go up by 60% (roughly) and I am supposed to say thank you montana. I really hope there are alot of empty motel rooms and no one around come hunting season.

Hunting and shooting is all I do. I don't fish, drive fast cars or build chit. I am not going to let montana steal from me because they think they need more of my money because I don't live there.

Dink