CBB I did not mean to side track your thread.

If I were you I would buy the muledeer tag and then wait and see if there were any left over cow/calf license for reduced price.

Its not about how much money you make or don't make. Its about being treated unfair because my license plate does not say montana on it. Everyone is mad at outfitters because they have the money to lease the big ranches. So there jealousy caused them to do away with the outfitter tag in hopes of putting outfitters out of business. Now they want the average out of state hunter (me and you) to pick up the tab. They wanted to be mean to the outfitters and let everyone else suffer. I already spend more on hunting in the state of montana than most locals (probaly) and now they want a little surcharge.

Montana will gladly take our federal tax money from out of staters (because they don't have the population to sustain itself) and then give non-resident hunters the finger and say you are going to pay anyway. Just pisses me off.

Like I said I did mean to side your track so badly but it really pisses me off about the tag increase.

Dink