MT I have no personal vandetta against Montana game and fish. I do have a vandetta against bullchit fee's and surcharges. If the game and fish would have said they were running out of money and raised everyone's tag $50, residents and non-residents, ok. To raise the non-residents tags that much they are saying we are nothing but a cash cow for them. I take offense to that (I probaly shouldn't but I do). Its kinda like when you go buy a new vehicle and they try to get you the $50-$100 for title application. I have never paid one of those fees and don't plan to (I know they figure it in somewhere but I am not going to agree to pay it).

Kelk you are right that we could do things cheaper. The problem is we don't have all the camping equipment do hunts like this. I know we could buy it but then you run into who really owns it or who has to buy what. I would much rather sleep in a nice tent than a nasty hotel room but .....

trouthunter we are thinking about doing this next year. I have hunted wyoming a couple of times and know they have very good hunting. We always just put in for a premium tag because we always had Montana to fall back on...

I see everyones point on the matter but it really pisses me that montana thinks they can just raise tag prices and know one is going to pissed about it.

Of the five of us two are out and two still want to go. I am undecided still but very pissed about it (not that it does me any good really).

Dink