I moved to MT, many yrs. back, to enjoy the fine hunting. I hunted MT as a NR for many yrs. prior to moving here. The prices to hunt have continually increased, in all states mind you. I must say that the NR $$ do bring in lots of revenue and some added jobs to MT. The increase of tag $$ is but a small price to pay in the large scheme of hunting. It does not mean that MT regards the NR as merely a revenue enhancement scheme. There is plenty of public ground to hunt here. For all to hunt I must ad. When I lived on the east coast I hunted sea ducks, puddle ducks and geese during the fall/winter season. Sea duck hunting has turned into a mostly outfitter sponsored hunt. I had seen this coming! BTW, getting permission to hunt waterfowl on private property on the east coast is very difficult. Let alone hunting big game on private property. Let's face it. If you want to hunt, you are going to have to pay to do so. I do not necessarily agree with it. But, I am aware that this is the norm these days. Now that I live in NW MT I enjoy some fairly good hunting. The waterfowl hunting is good to excellent. The upland game is good to excellent. The big game hunting is great! Plan ahead for your hunting goals. It will not get any better than it is now. Let's face it. The politicians, crooks IMHO, will increase fees exponentially as time goes. MT FWP are doing the best they can with what $$ they are allotted and private land owners are the ones who pay the taxes on the land they own. Both entities have worked well together in the past to make hunting in MT a success. We welcome NR hunters, fishermen, tourist and all. Come enjoy what we enjoy. But, we too must pay as all. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!