Dink, perhaps you would do well to move to MT. Then you can earn lower wages, pay lower taxes and hunt the very abundant public land or your land indeed. You will still have to pay for a School Trust Land access fee as we do. BTW Dink. You are welcome here in MT. Another resident tax payer, besides your land taxes, would bolster the MT economy. Have you heard? Montana is 1 of 2 states that has a surplus in their coffers. If we, MT residents, hunt other states we pay the going NR fees as all NR do. It is not a matter of MT being selfish. The fact is that all states are increasing NR fees. Get use to it. It's not going away. BTW, I pay taxes on two pieces of MT property. One is my residence, the other is in the "Breaks Country". Both are taxed. I don't get a property guaranteed tag each year as you have in the past. It would be great to get an elk "A" tag to hunt in this zone. But, like all I have to put in for the draw as all do. Plus, when I do not draw, haven't for 6 yrs. now, I still have to pay the county property taxes. We are both MT land owners. You have had the good fortune to get the tag you wanted thru an outfitter guaranteed tag in the past. I have not! Now you cry foul! I don't get it!

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!