Originally Posted by rattler
DINK, the more i think about it the more it surprises me you say you hunt Montana alot.....you pay through the nose for a trespass fee to hunt the one critter its easy to fill your tag with in short order on public ground than hunt public ground for mule deer....you seem to have no grounding in reality for what most hunters that come to this state do.....and we cant seem to get through your skull that we got rid of the outfitters tags cause of the outfitters and not access to private land or cause we hate NR hunters.....

Rattler I understand that. I look at though as your hatred toward the outfitters is being taken out on me. Residence knew that by taking away the outfitter tag that it was not going to cost them anything but would cost all other non-resident hunters more money. The people voted to screw the average guy because of there hatred/jealousy toward outfitters that are probaly a resident of montana. I don't think the people are against out of state hunters but I don't feel I should foot the bill for everyone wanting to be mean to outfitters.

Rattler I don't think we will agree on the guys staying at the motel. The non-resident guys that will give $500 or $600 a week to stay in a motel room will be the guys paying the tresspass fees to hunt. In my experience/opinion the guys hunting the public ground are to cheap to pay to stay in the hotel or a tresspass fee. Maybe thats only with the group of guys I know and have hunted with. I think you will find the hotels alot more vacant in 2011. It will be interesting to see.

Dink