Stealing? Hmmm. That seems like a ridiculous charge.

I like the guy who accused MT of being full of Democrats. NR Elk tags have what, 40-50% success rate? What is more free market than trying to match the supply rate to the demand? If you want to place political labels, I would say that is a conservative tack.

As I stated in another thread, I voted for 161 because on principle. I don't think that some should be able to buy their way to the front of the line. The fact that my interactions with outfitters have almost always been negative didn't endear me to them, either.

As for the Doc, I don't think he will fare badly. I think that the raise in price along with the increase in tags will make the next few years at least easy to draw, and it will cost alot less than leasing the land for that tag. Heck, Doc should lease his land to Dink et al and take the extra to put in for tags in other western states. Doc, you could have an all-expense-paid trip to WY to hunt elk next year with what is left over after buying your tag. No need to thank me!

I am not glad to see the NR tags raised. I thought the deer tags were raised too much. However, I got to vote yes or no, not how much and where. So you think I'm stealing from you? I guess I will still sleep OK tonight. You see, I could make alot more money if I moved, but I pay that price to live in MT. I pay that price for a good place to raise my children, the outdoor scenario is part of that. I work harder for less in exchange for living in MT. Yes, I will sleep OK with my decisions.

As an aside, I do know some NR who come here as a group every year. They put in for NR elk tags, and about half get drawn. The rest buy deer tags (unlimited) so they can legally be hunting, and they party hunt for elk (illegal). The higher deer tag expense will probably put a damper on this, and that doesn't hurt my feelings especially. They are friends of the family, and I don't make it my business. But I am not particularily fond of it.