Originally Posted by ranger1
And now DINK has illustrated why many people dislike NR hunters. You can't go to someone else's home state with a feeling of entitlement and expect a warm reception. All the talk of federal lands and tax dollars won't make you any friends here or anywhere else. You're a guest in another state, have some manners. Most of us could make a great deal more money if we lived in another state but we choose to live in MT. Speaking for myself, I put up with the low wages because I get to enjoy living in the last best place in the lower 48. I can walk out my front door and be hunting in some of the best country on the planet. If you'd like to have the same nobody is stopping you from packing your kit and heading west - I hear Bozeman is the place to go.

Why does a resident feel he is entitled to hunt deer on federal ground for a fraction of what it cost a non-resident? By working in a populated area I may or may not make more money but if I make more money I pay more taxes that pay's for the federal land. Why should a resident get to deer hunt for $16 and I have to pay $527? If I have already paid more taxes and now I get to pay a premium to hunt deer on public ground that I have already paid a larger portion for than a resident has.

Why does the game and fish think I need to fiance them? I have a game and fish derpartment that I am fiancing here.

I could move to montana (and hope both of my boys do) but then I would paying less taxes than I do now.

Like I said I don't paying extra for a tag but this is just wrong.

Dink