Rattler you may be right but I don't think you guys have enough people to support yourself (which is a good thing really). I have driven hundreds of miles on paved highway and only thing I seen was beef. I don't know how much taxes those bring in.

If I lived in montana I might have a different opinion but I doubt it. Look at the guys on this forum from montana that kill big elk and deer every year. They hunt hard on public ground and get it done. I doubt they are hoping a outfitter goes out of business in hopes they will get on some ranch they can drive around on. That is my opinion only.

Trout I won't hunt iowa because of the tag price. I have been invited a couple times but I won't pay that much to kill a deer. That and I don't like slugs or muzzleloaders.

CBB you are right next year will be here before you know it. My wife is due with son number two at the end of Jan and I had this muledeer hunt already planned. Now this. I have to either pay the $200, start all over in another state or not hunt in the west next year. I am making phone calls tomorrow......grin.

Dink