Mt I hunt all the states in the west. The guys (5 of us) were going to put in for muledeer tags this year but I think we are either going to cash in our points in wyoming or go to texas.

My state charges $225 for a any deer tag (buck) and I think $7 apiece for all the doe tags you want to buy. I do not think this unreasonable. I did not think that Montana's $328 for a muledeer tag was out of line. Even after we bought all the other stamps/tags we would have had about $350 in the tag. Even the $75 for a doe tag was not all that bad.

The money on motels,food,and fuel adds up to quite abit of money why we are there. Then we have always paid the tresspass fee for the ranch which is almost 8k to 10k. I am going to guess the ranch owner spends most of the money in montana. Now the state of montana wants a addtional 1k (between the 5 of us). I say [bleep] that.

I am sure the state of montana will not really miss our money in the scheme of things and probaly someone will take our place.

As of right now I think we are going to pass on hunting in montana and I hope alot of other guys tell them to take there $200 increase and shove it. Won't happen but I can dream. I might change my mind when its time to apply but I doubt it.

The people of montana voted. It does not mean we have to spend our money there.

Dink