Originally Posted by DINK

The people voted to screw the average guy because of there hatred/jealousy toward outfitters that are probaly a resident of montana. I don't think the people are against out of state hunters but I don't feel I should foot the bill for everyone wanting to be mean to outfitters.

Rattler I don't think we will agree on the guys staying at the motel. The non-resident guys that will give $500 or $600 a week to stay in a motel room will be the guys paying the tresspass fees to hunt. Dink

Nearly every eastern montana outfitter/guide I have come into contact were NOT montana residents. Many from Wisconsin, a few from Pennsylvania, a few from Idaho and Washington. I encouraged the Gazette to do a story on the impacts and outfitter residence but no luck. My experience is that in eastern montana the outfitters are not residents.

Dink didn't you report that part of your Montana hunting trip included room and board provided by the ranch. What hotel you staying in, how much local revenue are you providing?