Originally Posted by Toolelk
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by kenaiking

Im always more then willing to help someone out that wants to hunt Montana. Even better someone who is coming to hunt public lands and block.

i have a hard time taking anyone ive never hunted with on to private land.....i live here 365 and when i take someone to land that aint mine ive got to vouch for them and my reputation gets tied to theirs.....more than happy to help someone new get the basics of the public land figured out, might not share my favorite spots but i will try to give them the best chance possible of a decent success.....if i hunt with the guy a few times then i might consider introducing them to the landowners i know.........

Exactly the argument many of the outfitters made - landowners are tired of irresponsible hunters. When the landowner leases to one entity, they have just that entity to hold repsonsible.

true but if your local and willing to fix fence and help brand it can get yah on alot of private land grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books