Now that I have shocked many of you, seeing that Hatari would say such thing knowing full well that Healthcare will suffer. I've got news for you, the horse is out of the barn and he ain't coming home.

We have had National Healthcare since 1966. It is called Medicare. Any one who uses it knows it is a mess, and any provider that takes it knows it is a mess that is a money loser.

If anybody here thinks we have had independent healthcare since 1966, you are fooling yourself. It is precisely the fact that Medicare is government run, payed for by a universal tax, and reimburses only 80% of what it costs to provide the service is why the system has slowly bloated and is failing.

I repeat, we have had National Healthcare since 1966, it only covered 65 years +.

Now that Obamacare has mandated coverage of pre existing conditions and has subsidized premiums, we will never go back to what we had in 2009, NEVER. Politicians will NEVER DO DO IT. Voters have gotten used to it and you can NEVER take it away.

We are screwed. We lost. Face it, we lost. We lost just like Hillary Clinton lost. She and her minions can cry all they want, but HRC is not President and never will be. We can bitch and moan and cry all we want, but Nancy Pelosi with her "we need to pass it to find out what's in it" screwed us. They won. The GOP rolled over and played dead thinking that the SCOTUS would save their asses. Justice Roberts told them to "GFY" because it was not his duty to clean up their messes, and he refused to do it anymore. I don't blame him, I don't. Medicare was going to break the system sooner or later. Too damn many Babyboomers living well past age 70 and will need incalculable care before end of life. That alone will kill the healthcare system because the it will become an ever increasing part of the budget.

Social Security and Medicare right now is nearly 50% of all of the budget. That is NOT going to change. Trump ain't changing it, neither is Paul Ryan. The Democrats poisoned the system and there is not antidote.

Is there any strategy to make the best out of a crappy situation? Yes, I think there is.

- First, the GOP might as will just go whole hog and say "We're for National Healthcare". Yep I said it. Make it a bare bones deal, put in another payroll tax and go with it. I suggest they look at some country with more than 50 million people that has a history of a system that works and copy it. THIS WILL SCREW THE DEMOCRATS FOR THE NEXT 40 YEARS!

If the GOP doesn't do it, The Dems will within 12 years.

- Next, allow the market to go back and make a separate, independent market based system. You want to go to a private MD, or a Private hospital that does not participate in National Healthcare? You can buy an insurance policy to cover that or pay cash for doctor's visits. I promise that a market based insurance covers private system would see premiums fall by 50%! America would still have the best healthcare in the World, we would still have innovation, you just won't get the best for "free" .

I am sorry to break the news to you. DocRocket, DocEncore and others might agree or they might have virgin birth when they read this. It is time to grasp the fact that the old system is dead, and there will me no resurrection. Our only hope to have a choice is to run 2 parallel systems, one gov't and one private. If you want to pay to play, you get the best. If you want to use that=e taxpayer funded, fine, but you get what you get. You don't get a Lexus for the payments of a Prius.

The sooner we accept this, the faster we can get on with it. I say steal the Democrats thunder, make the system a copy of one that works the best, and run with it. There is no going back. Just don't let the Dems do it because if they do, they will regain power for the next 60 years, and you know what that means. Sharia is coming!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo