Originally Posted by gregintenn
[
You get the same bunch who voted for it when Obama was President to vote for it again. Between you and our representatives, I'm starting to think I'm one of a very few men left here who still has a pair.

You and your giant pair have missed the fact that once people got pre existing conditions covered and their premiums subsidized, they aren't giving them up.

Let me explain how your way works out now in 2017. Remember, this is not 2010, or even 2012 before the ACA took full effect.

The GOP sends repeal to Trump, Trump signs it, everyone with big balls celebrates.

The Democrats also celebrate, because they now will start busting those big GOP balls in Congress with an endless attack on how "millions lost coverage from the GOP" People who had pre existing conditions covered now don't. They now are Democrats for life. All those who got a break on their premiums now don't. They are all Democrats for life.

The GOP loses the Senate in 2018, and the margin in the House gets razor slim. The Dems keep up the relentless campaign shows old people and kids that are dying from uncovered pre existing conditions or inability to buy insurance. They beat that drum incessantly. They get a Bill Clinton type moderate sounding Dems to run in 2020, saying he'll restore that lost coverage, and work with everybody, and the world will love us again and we will sing Kum Ba Ya and the Democrats will sweep in to the WH, take the House and have 60 votes in the Senate. Then, Buster, we are truly screwed.

The GOP knows this, and they won't go for it.

Sorry.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo