Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by irfubar
]

WOW, Jello makes more sense than Curdog 25-20 and our all wise Hatari is advocating socialized medicine?

I think we have entered the twilight zone? Does anyone else hear that strange music in the back ground?

Excuse me while I add another layer of tinfoil. wink

What I am telling you is that we already HAVE socialized medicine and have had it for 51 years in the form of Medicare.

Now that you have pointed out that both JeffO and TRH agree with me, I'm obviously wrong by default. Excuse me while I go drink hemlock. smile

Hatari,

I was just having fun with ya. You bring up interesting and valid points. It is a very complicated problem.

I am a free market guy and as a few have pointed out here the free market and healthcare may not be compatible?

Just not sure i can make that leap into single payer or a milder version of that?

Seems risky for the Republicans to put their name on such a bill? The base would hate them.

Maybe Trump should just let this turd crash? Alot of people will lose. But pain is a great motivator to change.

My version would be tort reform, introduce competition, sell insurance across state lines. Price disclosure.

And true tax exempt medical savings accounts that are transferable. For young healthy people it make much more sense to establish these accounts rather than giving their money to insurance co.

Older people who have been paying into the system for years would need to continue some kind of insurance plan, to late for them to build up a savings acct.

So a multi tiered systems and phase in's would be necessary.

Christian co-op's seem to have a handle on how to do it?

I don't believe the traditional insurance model works for healthcare.

Bottom line is the politicians have succeeded in convincing people they have a right to health care.

We need to get back to personal responsibility, but that's a hard sell when people have the entitlement mentality.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.