Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Screw the entire lot of you commies!

I wish we had never gotten to this point. We lost this one. Are you going to be Hitler at Stalingrad and lose 300,000 men over a lost cause, or are you going to regroup and attack on another front?

I guess I'll be him. If pansies like you get their way, principles will be all I have left. I'll not cede them and you'll not take them.

So what is your solution? I don't like the situation, but I see plainly that there will never be a system that does not cover pre existing conditions or give/subsidize premiums. If you you have been following the debate and the votes in Congress, I hope you are intelligent enough to see that :

1.) the Dems are waiting for the GOP to drop pre existing conditions and/or subsidies and the will be all over that. They will campaign about how the GOP "took healthcare from millions and now millions will die!". They will run adds about Grammy and Tiny Tim suffering and dying because of the GOP. Damn media adds will look like the ASPCA with the shivering dogs with the sad eyes and violin music.

2.) The GOP knows this is the play, and they know if they go for it, the Dems will take back the power and ram through whatever they want, fore the next 60 years!

You better get your head around that. That IS reality and that IS why there are GOP members of Congress that will NEVER pass anything without those 2 provisos.

So let me hear some more of your tough talk and tell me how this is going to get fixed your way? Tell me where YOUR votes are coming from because I'll be all aboard. As many of you know, I'm a dentist. While Medicare plays no part in my practice, and neither does the ACA directly, indirectly it has had a huge negative impact. Nationalized Medicine will need to decide if it wants to bastardized my field. I don't like any of this.

Let me put it to you maybe in a way you'll understand. Right now, I have a 72 year old aunt in ICU. She has a serious C. dif colon infection, her kidneys have shut down, she has a weak heart. I am praying for a recovery, but any recovery is not going to take her back to the health and quality of life she enjoyed 5 years ago. This is the beginning of the end if not the end. So what are we gonna do?

Our Healthcare System is in the same shape. ACA is the C. dif infection. It wasn't great before, but it is bad now and nothing can take it back to the condition its was in. So what are we gonna do?

(BTW, I'm not after your "principles". I'm after the best solution to a mess. If you have a solution, then get with it. If not, good luck with your "principles". They will be like the football defense that got scorched for 7 touchdowns in the first half, but you won't change the scheme because you "believe in your system.)

Last edited by hatari; 05/06/17.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo