Maybe an analogy will help those having a problem with the current state of Healthcare.

We will go back to 2009 and make an analogy that the Dems are a big horny guy and GOP is an ovulating woman.

The big horny guy has 1 goal: phouc this woman. The woman really doesn't want to get phouced right this moment, number 1 because she is ovulating and vulnerable and #2 forgot to take her birth control. Read that as McCain was her birth control to keep her from getting pregnant with the ACA.

This horny dude is persistent, and finally Ms. GOP gives in and gets schlonged with the big ACA. She thinks to herself, "I can always go to Dr. John Roberts at the Supreme Court Planned Parenthood Center and get an ACA abortion and get rid of this thing growing inside of me (the USA). Ms. GOP tries to make an appointment with Dr, Roberts, but it takes 8 months. Once she sees him, she asked for an abortion to undo her stupid mistake. Dr. Roberts checks her out and tells her "No way! Your 8 months pregnant and it's not my job to undo your carelessness". So no abortion and by 2012 baby ACA comes into this world.

At first, baby ACA is not a big problem, but becomes more demanding. It cries, it eats, diapers are expensive. Ms. GOP never wanted any of this so sends a letter to Dr. Obama asking for birth control pills to make baby ACA go away. Dr, Obama laughs and throws away the request. Ms. GOP does it it again and again with the same result. Ms. GOP is frustrated, but has a great idea. Dr. Obama is retiring, and there will be a new Dr. taking over the practice. She will get her mother and father and sisters and brother (GOP Congress) to go with her to see the new Dr. to get birth control pills to make baby ACA disappear, and she can go back to the way life was in 2008 before Mr. Democrat schlonged her.

Sure enough, in 2017, Dr. Trump takes over for Dr. Obama. He hears that Ms. GOP wants birth control. He says "sure, I'll go with that". So Ms. GOP is all excited, thinking that she can get her mother, father, sisters and brothers to convince Dr. Trump to give her birth control and baby ACA will go away. Problem is, this is now 2017 and baby ACA is now 4 years old. You know what else? Grandma and Granddad, Aunts and Uncles LIKE baby ACA. They have bonded with baby ACA and don't want Dr. Trump to do anything with baby ACA. Ms. GOP is in a panic! Why can't I just take my birth control pill and make this baby go away? Because it doesn't work like that you dumb slut! You should have taken the pill in 2008 and you wouldn't have been in this situation. Now that everybody loves their grandchild/ nice/nephew, they are not going to let you kill it or give it up for adoption. You are stuck with it forever.

You understand now why it's not reverting?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo