Originally Posted by jorgeI
I I have a lot of employees that when we changed contracts and new insurance, a whole bunch of them came with a host of pre-existing conditions by your definition, diabetes, high BP, heart disease, glaucoma, just about everything you mentions and the premiums for ALL out employees IS THE SAME. So yes, you can call just about anything a pre-existing, but does it affect your premiums? the answer is no unless you are REALLY sick (enter the 4%) and that is more than covered by the 138 BILLION in the new healthcare system only it isn't insurance it's welfare.

You know that is because it is currently ILLEGAL to differentiate due to pre-existing conditions, right?

I was involved in insuring employees BEFORE that rule was in effect, and for our 20 employee pool, EACH one was rated differently.

So if you like what you have now, better quit railing against "pre-existing conditions". Without the current rule (which I happen to think is too lax), you are going to start evaluating prospective employees based on their potential healthcare cost.

For me, will simply have to sell the business and go work for the government, as the redhead and I are simply uninsurable. without a continuing insurance provision for pre existing conditions.

Sic Semper Tyrannis