Originally Posted by Northman
I live in a country with National Healtcare.. Its great!
We also have a private option. Which is faster..

I personally did not need anything until I was 33.. then I started having some troubles.
Pay out of pocket for the first 15 doctor visits each year. Everything else is covered.
Need Physical therapy.. Pay for the first 15.. rest is covered.
Need a shrink.. Pay for the first 15.. rest is covered.

Those 15 visits, costs $250 combined.

All of those, have private options as well.. they are more expensive.. and somewhat faster service and perhaps with more personal service.

When I needed a MRI of my shoulder, the waiting period of the Public hospital, where 3 months. During national holidays.. which is 5 weeks long.
The private option could do it within 5 days. But I would personally have to pay for that. Around $250 I belive.

My father needed a Stent, in a Coronary Artery. Not urgent.. waited 6-7 weeks. No costs.

My Brother in law, got Intestinal Cancer, and had to remove most of his guts as well as cancers. Waited 2 months for surgery. No costs.

My brothers, sisters, BIL & SIL, has given birth to 9 children, during the last 8 years. Each spent 1-3 nights at hospital, depending on "complications". No costs!

When I say No costs.. I mean is, its payed over the tax bill. Everybody pays... some might end up needing the healthcare... some do not. But, at least we are all covered.

And don`t get me started on medications.. Its cheap.. belive me.
But does your nation spend enough on your military to provide a viable national defense if the US didn't have your back?