Originally Posted by ltppowell
Bottom line...I pay $12,000 per year for insurance and my wife is "insured"through her employer for about the same amount. That means we pay approximately $24,000 per year for INSURANCE. Even though we aren't young, we seldom go to a doctor. Both of our deductibles are about $8000 (BCBS). I made $36,000 this year...total. Do the math. Welfare recipients and illegal aliens are far better off than I am.

Pat, that's BRUTAL! sick

We have a VEBA account, through my wife's job. It's a whole different deal... I'm not sure I fully understand it but basically, we get ~ $200/month put into the account- we pay nothing- and then that money can be used towards virtually anything. Aside from that it's got a high-deductible policy backing it up... the VEBA money can be used for virtually anything- even towards the deductible. So, a little dicey the first year but as the VEBA account builds up, after a year or two it's a pretty good deal, assuming you haven't been needing the VEBA money and could let it build up.

As I say... when we were choosing it from the available choices that her school district offers, it seemed sort of impossible-- we had been paying $$ every month (but not like you are!) for pretty standard insurance, but with the VEBA, they pay us the $200/month! But that's the deal.

I'm sure if I ever truly need it I'll find all the ways they've built into it to [bleep] me.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!