I've just read the entire thread and none of you has mentioned length, size or color. Being a northern guy, I've got a closet full of feather jackets, but chicken feathers come to mind when they start poking through the seams. The truck has a leather seat but before the bun warmer comes on, it is cold and I want a down puffy that is long enough to cover my butt. Normally I'm a 200# large, but those Chinese guys making my jackets are very small larges, so I can be an XL at their place and if they work at the North Face place, then I'm an XXL! Down compresses and I think that I should error on the big side for range of motion and to keep from compressing the insulating layer. Then color... I've got the bright orange mountain climbing parka and pants that goes in the stuff sack, but I can't wear that outside of my deer stand and if someone wears camo in public, people look at them like they are a terrorist. My parka has a hood, but I'd want one to zip off or be non-existent. Is there such a thing as a long down puffy thing out there that can be used in public and as an outer warm layer in a deer stand?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory