Originally Posted by deputy30
I too am almost set with my layering system.

First lite minaret aerowool crew top
Kuiu peloton 200
First lite uncompahgre puffy
Kuiu guide jacket

Two changes I am considering are a patagonia R1 hoody in place of the peloton 200 and a foxwear.org power wool shirt in place of the aerowool. The foxwear power wool shirt intrigues me (and its only $35)

Your list is looking close to mine. I'm trying to decide between the FL Uncompaghre and the Kuiu Kenai. To me the Kenai breathes better, the Uncompaghre may be a tiny bit warmer. I'll likely use both till I decide which one I like better. I'm also experimenting with using a Kuiu Peloton 240 hoody over the Aerowool/Kuiu Peloton 200. I like the 3 piece combo and think it will work for still hunting between 15-30 degrees. Of course I'll have a puffy in the pack for extended sit/glassing sessions.

In lieu of the R1, compare the Kuiu Peloton 240 and R1. I've had both in my hand, they are very similar. I'd also throw in the Arcteryx Delta AR with those two. I tried on an Arcteryx Kayanite and really dig the material and fit but suspect it would be warmer than either the R1 or Peloton 240, maybe too warm. As an aside, a bunch of new R1 pullovers have been selling on ebay for $80-90 in normal colors. If you want a non-hunting color, they can be had for cheaper.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.