Received the Kuiu Peloton 130 Crew top, Peloton 200 zip off bottoms, and Peloton 200 zip hoody.

Peloton 130 crew - don't like this material against my skin. Tried it on, had it on for 5 seconds, put it right back in the bag. Sending it back Monday.

Peloton 200 zipoffs - I like the weight of these. Think they'll be a good second/midlayer when its cold. I'm not sure how the zipper thing works if you have pants on. Somehow you'll have to take off your pants to get the midlayer on/off. I'll need to investigate a bit. They are also shorter to accommodate boots and the 'easy' on/off thing. I'll likely keep these as a mid-layer.

Peloton 200 1/4 Zip Hoody - I'm a bit neutral on this piece. It is very, very soft, weighs next to nothing - which leads me to what its real purpose is. Maybe it will add warmth and move perspiration (my goals) but it is light. It has the potential to be the best thing since sliced bread, or another nice shirt to wear around town.

I also bought a military ECWCS gen iii, level 2, 1/4 zip shirt off ebay. These are made from Polartec Dry for the military. Fits well, not as comfortable next to skin as some Polartec Dry shirts I've had on. It has a courser/larger grid pattern that what I've seen on the Patagonia R-series shirts. I've been wearing it as a second shirt and it is surprisingly warm. It weighs 10.9 oz so it is in line with other second/midlayer shirts I've been trying. I'll likely keep it for hiking but for $15-20 they are worth a look.

Haven't pulled the trigger on a Patagonia R1 but am going to look at them again today now that I've seen the Kuiu Peloton 200 hoody. I've handled most of the Patagonia base layer line - I like how they feel next to skin. I'll likely end up with a bunch of it before all is said and done <G>

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.