I’m narrowing in on a system for next year.

Patagonia Capilene silkweight
Arc’teryx Atom LT
Kifaru LPP
Teton Rain Jacket

I have a Kelvin active on the way and I anticipate it being added as a warmer weather top or for pure hiking in traveling mode (no slow spot and stalk).

Also have an Aerowool top coming that I anticipate I’ll alternate with the Capilene.

I also have a Kuiu super down that works really well under the Atom. If not so cold as to need the LPP I could just go with that. Very light and takes up little space.

Edit: The Peleton 200 is a nice hoody, but I'm not sure if it fits. Maybe as a hang around camp top in warmer weather. My thought is it wont bring much if the Kelvin Active works out. Also, one mild concern I have is the lack of a more durable fabric as a top layer. If I find myself pushing through vines or brush I'm not sure how these will hold up. My Guide jacket would be perfect if only the sleeves weren't so narrow. Kuiu didn't think that one through very well in my opinion. When do you wear the Guide as a mid-layer? Rarely... Thus why the athletic cut? May find a way to fit Teton shell jacket that I have into mix. Have options.

Last edited by prm; 01/17/18.