As a guy who has been working on my western hunting wardrobe, and experimenting with laying at home since we have the weather to need it right now, this thread has been very helpful and useful. Thanks to all those who have contributed.

Right before Christmas, Midway / First Lite had their annual clearance sale going on and I picked up their Stormtight pants and Seak jacket…I have since ordered a few more pieces, including some Aerowool stuff to try out.

A few other posts brought up a similar concern that developed for me.

Besides rain, I also bought the Seak jacket as a wind block shell. When I tried it on, it fit well in the chest and midsection, but the sleeves were surprisingly tight. Not sure how much “layering” I am going to be able to do with this jacket. This made me worry that I may have made a mistake in my purchase and wondered if I should have just saved and bought the Sitka Stormfront instead.

Over Christmas we drove from AL to ID and I got to stop at a few places and tried on a couple of different pieces at Cabela’s and Sportsman’s Warehouse. I got to try on several different Sitka tops and NONE of them fit me. Of all the outer layer pieces I tried on, ALL were really tight in the arms, in the forearms specifically. I was wearing a t-shirt and a light fleece when I was trying all of these on and most of them would actually pull my fleece sleeves up because the jacket sleeves were so tight.

In the words of Randy Newberg, “I drive a desk for a living.” I am not a muscle head but I am not a chicken wing nerd either. 6’4” with a little extra around the midsection. I usually wear 2XL and usually have no issues with room in the sleeves—as long as they are long enough! What gives with the tapered arms though? My only guess is they are trying to taper for bowhunters but this seems a bit extreme. Any thoughts or suggestions?