I got the Kelvin Active 20% off at Midway. Definitely buy a size up if you, or anyone else, decide to try one. It's very light. The niche it fills for me is either spot & stalk in cooler conditions or hiking down to 20 or so, maybe less if reasonably strenuous. That would be with only a capilene silkweight or aerowool base layer. Adding the Arcteryx Atom over it is reasonably robust while adding a Lost Park Parka over the Sitka Kelvin Active would handle very cold conditions. These options, plus a light rain jacket, seem to create a flexible layering system that handles moisture very well, works for all conditions I've seen from late archery through mid-rifle seasons in the Rockies at 10k', and is very light. The Lost Park parka doesn't pack real small, but not terrible either. For now I don't see carrying both the Atom and the LPP to go over the SKA, but there would be little weight penalty for doing so. 1st rifle conditions can vary dramatically so perhaps then? It's really amazing to feel how well these items manage moisture, keep you warm and yet pack so small and light.

Last edited by prm; 01/31/18.