Originally Posted by LSU fan
Originally Posted by prm
They are very similar.

An issue, if you want to call it that, that I ran into today is that the hood on the Peleton 200 has no water resistance. Combined with the Kelvin Active which has no hood, and it’s not ideal on a rainy, misty day. Temp was 34 and I was comfortable, just wish hood repelled water.

I never realized that the Active didn’t have a hood. That seems like a mistake. May be a reason to look at the Patagonia Nano Air or OR Uberlayer for a polar tech alpha jacket with a hood.

Kind of wish it had a hood. With the DWR finish it would really add to the versatility. But, I can easily use another layer for the hoody, and when its warmer I won't need the additional layer or the associated hood so I think it all works out. Otherwise I really like the Kelvin Active. That piece will fit into any mountain hunting season.

For warm weather I'll have an aerowool shirt. As it cools off I'll add the Kelvin Active. That brings a light water resistance too. Next I'd add the Peleton 200 under the Kelvin Active. For quite cold I'll add the Arc'teryx Atom or Kifaru LPP and lastly I'll have a rain jacket in the pack if necessary. Some combination of those items covers just about everything. All very light and pack-able. I look forward to packing it all up as if I were headed to CO and comparing the weight and volume. I think it will be a significant improvement.

I do still wish the hoody on the 200 was better with water. That would be a strength of the Arc'teryx Fortrez or Naga in lieu of the 200 but I'm not sure how well they breathe. The 200 is quite good in that regard. Maybe try some Nikwax Polar Proof or Tx Direct on the 200 hood?