Spent the past 4-6 weeks hiking and trying out various base layers. I've tried/worn Kuiu Peleton 130, First Lite Aerowool Minaret, Sitka Core Lightweight, Outdoor Research Venture, Patagonia Cap 2 and 3. I've done enough to come up with a couple conclusions:

Kuiu Peleton 130 - I tried this on and it felt like sandpaper against my skin. I didn't like it all all. I didn't wear it and sent it back.
Sitka Core Lightweight - same feel as Kuiu Peleton 130. I sent this back as well.
First Lite Aerowool Minaret - This has become my favorite shirt. These are soft, dry quick, don't stink. They are the real deal.
Outdoor Research Venture - I really like this shirt and wear it hiking alot, probably more than the Minaret because it has a 1/4 zip and I find I used the zipper alot. These things dry quick and mine has been pretty durable for how thin it it. This shirt also tends to acquire an odor quicker than the Minaret.
Patagonia 2/lightweight - I have an older version of this shirt and it may not function as good as the newer version. I still sweat in this and it doesn't seem to wick as well as the Minaret or Venture.
Patagonia 3/midweight - Again I have an older version and this shirt is a bit too warm for me to wear when its above 50.

Of all the shirts I've worn, the Minaret and Venture are my favorites. I like the Patagonia shirts and likely need to buy a couple new ones to see if I like them as well as the Min/Ven.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.