Not done yet. I wore the Outdoor Research Sequence for 3 days this week. This thing is paper thin but works great. Temps in the 40-50's, humid (rain/fog every AM), lots of hiking (basically deer scouting), elevation changes 3-500 feet, steep climbs - a good test of the moisture wicking capabilities. The Sequence is good at wicking moisture. It would dry under my jacket in 30-45 minutes. The Kuiu Ultra Merino 210 hoodie is one of my favorite pieces of new clothing but it hangs onto the moisture a long time even though its a 50/50 product. I layered the Ultra 210 over the Sequence for hiking/still hunting. I added a Kuiu Guide jacket when I stood for any length of time.

I did a mini test today when I got home. I washed all the items, including a Patagonia Cap 2 and 3, and let them air dry while I timed till dry. The Kuiu Peleton 240 was the clear winner, followed by the Kuiu Guide pants. The dry times were 45/60 minutes respectively. After 60 minutes, I turned the ceiling fan on to hasten drying. After 90 minutes, the Ultra Merino 210, Duofold bottoms (50-50 hybrid), Smartwool socks were still a bit damp. Body heat would have helped drying. Surprisingly the Patagonia did worse than the Kuiu Peleton and the Peleton is a much thicker material.

For heavy hiking days, I'm leaning strong to all Peleton - 130 next to skin, 200 mid-layer, 240 hoodie as outer. I wore an Ice Breaker 260 top/bottom, Kuiu Ultra Merino 210 hoodie and Kuiu 240 Peleton hooded in the early part of the Tennessee deer season. I wore the Ice Breaker and Ultra 210 for the hike in, cooled down abit, then added the 240 Peleton to sit. Temps were in the 40-50 and windy. I was comfortable all day.

I'm leaning strong to a lightweight synthetic next to skin, followed by a synthetic or merino/syn blend for all situations except for short hikes into my whitetail treestand hunts. Then it will be Ice Breaker 260 all the way. I love the Ice Breaker wool - if I don't sweat much.

I'm working on my legs now. I'm thinking a heavier synthetic or synthetic/wool blend. I don't sweat much on my legs unless I'm absolutely drenched in my upper torso. I checked out Cabelas ECWS yesterday on my way by and left kind of feeling so-so about it. It uses PolarTec Power Dry so should wick well.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.