Originally Posted by bwinters
... I still like Kuiu but I've never cared for the fit of the Guide jkt. I have a large but when I layer under it, it gets tight in the chest and arms in a hurry. I'm certainly not Arnold. I tried an XL and all it did was look like a dress on me...

Originally Posted by prm
The arms are my issue with the DCS Guide jacket. I'm not popeye but it is difficult to layer under. Body is fine but the arms are relatively thin... I've tried layering the Kuiu Super Down under it (with a Patagonia silk weight capilene layer) and it is compressed. I also tried layering the Super Down under a Mountain Hardware wind stopper jacket and it worked better as a result of not being compressed at all...

I had exactly the same problems with the Guide Jacket plus it was really tight in the armpits, making me sweat, and feeling itchy. It is funny what you mention, bwinters, since I bought a larger size and "all it did was look like a dress on me". Sitka's Jetstream has been perfect, with my right size being totally comfortable in the chest, armpits and forearms, and allowing for a Kenai or a Superdown Ultra hhody underneath without compressing it.

I have not found the same problem with KUIU Yukon jacket, though, and it is my go-to outer shell in humid weather, saving the room in the pack of carrying an extra layer in the form of raingear.

Last edited by chamois; 01/05/18.