Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I mostly agree with the OP but situations, gender, age and size play some role. A woman carrying a gun, almost any reliable gun to prevent a sexual assault against a man that may be unarmed or armed with just a knife and relying solely on being stronger than her is different than the reasons a healthy man would carry.

I’m 6’3” and still reasonably young and fit. I’m unlikely to be involved in a justifiable shooting against an unarmed lone individual. In the unlikely scenario that I needed to use a gun it’s likely going to be against an armed with a gun individual, or individuals as the OP described and in that circumstance I want a decent sized gun with mag capacity.

A woman, young lady or whomever can choose to pack whatever is most appropriate for them. That point may have been lost. Having a gun that you can use and fight with is the point.

My oldest daughter, when she was not yet an adult started packing a 9mm Shield (gen 1 version). This was due to some events, as well as the fact that the local LE were completely apathetic in their response to a specific incident.

She was already a trained revolver shooter,

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

so getting her tuned up on a semi auto was not too tough. I told her that she was to protect herself as necessary and I would handle the rest.

In the case of the Lewiston shootings, even having just one female with a little Shield, or P365, or some other compact 9mm or .38 Special, and effectively employing it by putting at least one round into the guts or chest of the bad guy could have altered the whole course of the events.

He may not have died immediately from taking the hit to the guts or chest or wherever, but it may have made him decide that he did not want to do anything else.

One person can make a difference if they are willing to fight back.

Both courage and fear are contagious and I have seen both in action. You can have one person panic and start running, and the next thing you know everyone is panicking and doing the same. Courage works the same way.

People are generally just looking for direction. A leader. Once they see someone take charge and go after the enemy/a bad guy (or whatever the objective is) they too will become bold, all of the sudden, they are not as scared anymore and they will decide to take action as well.

So pack a gun, practice with it, develop your skill sets and be able to protect those you love and care for. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com