Originally Posted by Jeffrey
What’s interesting is that there seems to be a notion that something like a 642 or 43 is something not worthy of fighting with.

Proficiency comes with lots of rounds fired down range. I like my 642 pocket gun. I take it everywhere. I have others that I sometimes carry. A 2 3/4” 69, a commander sized 9mm Rabge Officer. If I was choosing to get into a gun fight, would I bring the 642? No. I’d bring a rifle.

Of course, a snubby or a mini SA wil be slower to shoot, accurately. It will kick more and hold fewer rounds. But, beating able to produce the firearm and hit your target quickly is what matters. You can hit things at grocery store aisle distances with a small gun, if you practice enough.

Of course Mackay always drives home great points with lots of knowledge and wisdom to back them up. But I think the take home here should be to shoot your damn gun. Get out and shoot. And keep it handy. And, that goes for all of your guns. Keep them well maintained, fed and hot, as best you can.

I’ve been loading and bulking up my reserves of 38 special reloads. I think I’ll go burn some out of that pocket rocket.

I carried my Mdl 37 for a while, but the hammer was like a fish hook, caught everything. A 642 would be nice to carry, but they're slow to re-load.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”