Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Last month there was a thread in the handguns section called "Summer Carry".

It started out as the typical "what pocket gun do you carry in the hot weather" type thread.

I answered with the following post:

What gun is the minimum you are willing to get into a gunfight against one or possibly two armed bad guys with? Armed as in both have at minimum, handguns. Are you willing to get into that gunfight, which is a fight to the death, (them or you) with a Kahr that holds 7 rounds of .380?

For me, I know what my choices are. Each has to decide. Personally, I don't own any of the micro guns, that hold a very small amount of rounds, as I don't want to fall into the habit of grabbing what is comfortable, rather than what will actually get the job done. My only exception is a J Frame, and it is relegated to BUG role, and on exceedingly rare occasions a primary, but pretty much 99+% of the time I carry a gun I am willing to actually fight with and can turn in a good performance while using.

I posted again showing what I had chosen to carry that day, which was my Glock 22, .40 S&W a reload and a knife.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One of the more condescending members (Wrapids) stated:

"None of my friends in central Wisconsin feel a need to carry a gun."

Then followed up afterwards by telling one of our other members that since they carried a gun and ammo, with this post:

"Sounds like you should leave a war zone"

I posted a few days later that I was packing the following, showing this picture:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

To which Wrapids replied:

"You oughtta leave a war zone."

Here is the thing.

I RARELY comment about much of the stuff that goes on and try to stay out of it for the most part.

That said. This condescending liberal attitude is exactly why we just ended up with 18 people dead and 13 more wounded. Over 30 people total, plus all their families. Kids, spouses, parents, all the people who cared for them.

NOBODY SHOT BACK.

When the fight started, nobody took the fight to the enemy. Nobody stood their ground and put rounds into the bad guy.

NOBODY.

So Wrapids, maybe you should feel the need to carry a gun, because NOBODY is coming to save you.

It is up to individuals to protect themselves. It is not the job of the government, or the nanny state. You are responsible for your own protection and those you care for who are unable to protect themselves.

You and NOBODY ELSE.

Your typical liberal won't fight his own fight, but he sure will call the police and have someone else do it. He is too scared to do the job himself, but not too scared to put someone else at risk. Pathetic.

Back on point,

You don't get to pick and choose when these things are going to happen or where. They are like a gift from a stranger. You have to unwrap it and deal with it, no matter what it is. Odds are that the situation will not be in your favor as the bad guy(s) will have planned it that way. So deal with it.

That is why you carry a gun you are willing to get into a fight with, and actually be prepared to fight.

Just one person with a gun and some skills could have made a difference and changed the outcome drastically.

Think about Eli Dickens.

The 22 year old young man who stopped what would have been a massacre in a shopping mall. He did so by carrying a gun daily and practicing. When the time came, he did not run, he took the fight to the enemy and stopped a massacre before really got going.

This is The Way.

Well [bleep]. Didn't read all of this but plenty. Sir, I posted the summer carry question about a holster/ pocket carry for a kahr 380 for shorts and flip flops here at the beach.

My God, now I'm the left anti gun pussy that let the Maine killer loose? Hold your horses there big guy. My post is now the nobody shot back, left hatred anthem.

OK take a breath it's just an internet forum. I know I've earned my opinion.

Semper Fi

Master Gunnery Sergeant USMC (Ret).