This has been an interesting thread for me to read as I have recently been contemplating carrying for the first time in my life. I never thought I needed to, and honestly never wanted to, the responsibility that goes along with it is daunting. Earlier this month I came home in the daylight to catch someone trying to break into my house. I confronted him with no weapons, chased him for ~1/2 mile so I could give LEO a real time, accurate location of him. Thankfully they caught him ~2 hours later. He was a well known dirt bag, wanted in two states.

I have never been in a situation like this, every home invasion scenario I had thought of happened at night, while I was sleeping, and I have a loaded pistol on my nightstand. So, I have recently been thinking about carrying, but I know very little about it. I have a few questions that I was hoping some experienced members would answer for me.

I was thinking about the Sig 365 X-Macro, I have heard good things about it, I checked it out, it felt nicely in my hands, but I haven't shot it. I have two Glocks, a G20, G45, and a couple of .22 pistols now.

I was thinking red dot for sure, should I go with a light too?
I am on the short side @ 5'6", does anyone think the Sig would be too large for me to CC?
Do I need to buy some kind of CC insurance, if so is there a recommended source?
What CC holsters would be good for me to look at?
Anything else I should know, besides practice, practice, practice?

I appreciate any advice, recommendations, words of wisdom ya'll are willing to provide, thank you.