Originally Posted by geedubya
I have carried daily since around 1990.

Started with a Colt Mustang in 380 ACP.

My parents bought me a Taurus 92 for my 40th Birthday, but being a full size pistol it was a bit cumbersome, as concealed carry at that time was illegal in Texas. Due to the nature of my occupation at that time, and the places in BFE I had to frequent, it was worth the risk.

Around 2002 I started carrying a Glock 36, 45 ACP.

IIRC, I carried it for several years and put down a number of wounded deer and hogs with it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then I got charged by this beast. I put 7 hardball rounds in him in starting about 10 yds. out. He expired at my feet while i was clicking and empty mag.

After that it was no more Mr. Nice Guy. I went out and directly grabbed a Glock 20 SF in 10 mm. I figure sixteen friends are better than 7 or 8.

But now being an old man I have "old man's butt" and a full size pistol and a spare mag tend to expose my shortcomings.

So I compromised for a bit and started carrying a Glock 43 in town.

Glocks are butt ugly, but I've yet to have on malfunction.

When the Sig P365 came on the market I decided to try it as one could have a creatively easy to conceal pistola with capabiltity of 10, 12 or 16 rounds.

It turns out that I shoot it as well as a full size pistol and I"ve only had 1 failure to feed of the three Sig P365 iterations I've owned and carried. I refuse to carry a pistol where an FTF is a factor.

I have others, but these are the 4 that see the most service.

The Glock 17 with light and laser is on the nightstand each night, and accompany me at night when roaming my lease.

The Glock 43 w/ light and laser is available close at hand in case things go bump in the night.

The P 365 Tac Ops w/ red dot is carried in the day (17+1). I"m not a red dot fan at night. Night time I carry the P365, night sights and 12 round mag.

I consider myself fortunate that in +/-33 years of carry I've only had to display my weapon to diffuse the situation.

ya!

GWB

Good stuff GW. IIRC, you got that Glock 43 from me.

I too carried a Glock 36 for a long time after they first came out. Like you, I finished off several hogs with it and killed one doe and one whitetail buck with it too. Went back to carrying my LW Commander in 45 acp, for quite a while, then went with a Glock 32 in .357 Sig for the longest time.

Now the. Glock 32 is my dedicated “truck gun”. Both my Glock 17 and 19X are house guns equipped with light / laser combo’s. Mostly carry either my Sig P365 or my Springfield HellCat nowadays on my person. Both with factory 15 round mags.
Unless I’m out hunting, then it’s my Glock 20. No telling how many hogs I’ve killed with it now.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/30/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~