Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.
Originally Posted by BMT
My thoughts:

1-If I shoot first, I am the criminal under most state laws. The threat has to take some form of hostile action in order to be a threat to my life or the lives of others. Raising the gun to fire and shouting Allah Akbar would (probably) constitute a threat. But each case will be different.

2-Head shots are low percentage shots. Assuming the Lunatic has opened fire, Lunatic will be moving, a pelvic/hip shot moves less, is larger, and more likely to make the lunatic fall down and thus stop shooting.

3-The four gun safety rules are designed for firefights: I have to be aware of the backstop, people fleeing for cover, etc.

4-I have a primary duty to my own family first. Thus, I may decide to pick up my 3 year old grandson and run away if the lunatic is moving away from me. I am assuming its just me and my grandson at the store in that fact pattern.

5-Every lunatic situation is different. But there are similarities from which we can learn.

BMT

This seems solid thinking.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.