Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
A G30S is a pretty decent little gun in terms of size, weight and on board capacity, for its caliber. With my hand size I had to undercut the trigger guard on mine to get my hand further up on it. Plus I removed a finger groove to make the front strap flat. I have carried mine a good bit it the mountains for when weight is important, but still want a large caliber. Normally it is in a chest pack. I still prefer a full size gun, like the G21 for carrying in Grizzly country, but the G30S is not a bad setup, if it fits your hands.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I love the concept of the 30S, but I bought one very early on upon their release, and kept getting false lockbacks, i.e., the slide locking back while there's still ammo in the mag. I experimented with different ways to grip it, to make sure I wasn't contacting the slide release, but nothing worked. Sent it back, and they told me they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so I sold it at a gun show.

I was really disappointed I couldn't get it to work for me. My Glock 30 never does that, nor any other Glock I own, and that's like a dozen different models. Not once. But on the 30S, I couldn't get through a magazine without at least one false lockback.