Many people want a gun/tool that is up to multiple tasks, not a one trick pony. People want a gun that they can use both for in town, as well as animal/large animal defense, trail defense, etc. My experience has shown that there are quite few people who have tried larger frame 10mm/.45 sized guns and never really got comfortable shooting them, or were nearly as proficient shooting them, as compared to shooting a smaller, standard frame that they could get a better grip on.

When actually tested against a timer, the results showed significant performance degradation with the larger frames for the majority of people who were not very dedicated shooters and shot the larger framed guns frequently.

The goal of the +P 40 project was to develop a highly accurate .40 load that could be handled by the majority of people, even those with small to medium size hands. It took over a year and over 2,000 rounds of various projectiles to determine what was the right projectile to deliver the exceptional accuracy at top speed that would be extremely reliable in your typical modern service auto.

The result ended up being better than expected and outperformed some big name factory 10mm loads when it came to actual chronograph testing. It ended up being a load that I would have zero issue carrying in big bear/predator country. Plus you can actually shoot it rapidly and get good hits.

The accuracy speaks for itself:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have carried the G22 .40 a lot over the last year, simply for the fact that the gun/ammo combo is so accurate, I feel confident in the ability it gives me make difficult shots.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com