Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
That would be an awesome dedicated house gun.

Yeah because carrying it is inconceivable.
Not inconceivable, but sitting down might be a trick.

I have carried one IWB for a long time, including working protection details using my G34.

I can't see how carrying a 5" 1911 is totally fine, but carrying a Glock 34 "Might be a trick'

Here is a little "Theory vs reality"

What people think might be a trick, vs people who carry them and know, is that a G34 and a 1911 are actually virtually identical in size as you can see here:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And a 1911 with 9 rounds of 45 weighs 2 pounds 15 ounces total, as shown below:

versus a Glock 34 9mm.

Shown in this pic with two, 21 round ETS mags +1 for the chamber for a total of 43 rounds and it weighs 2 pounds 14 ounces.

You end up weighing less than the 1911, and having 34 more rounds on board, using the old ETS mags. That said I just use those for practice these days.

Using Glock factory mags instead, I lose a single round overall. 42 rounds instead of 43.

These days I use a Glock factory 17 round mag as a primary, and a Glock factory 24 round mag as a reload, plus one in the pipe, for a total of 42 rounds.

The Glock weighs substantially less obviously and is the same size. With a spare extended magazine you end up with 33 round advantage over the 1911 (9 rounds of .45 vs 42 rounds of 9mm). 

No trick at all.

Plus the G34 is probably the easiest gun there is to shoot well when it comes to iron sighted 9mms. It is an incredibly easy gun to shoot fast and accurately with. There is a very good reason why the gun is such a dominant force in the action shooting sports, when talking about non RDO equipped guns.
Good point. Didn't realize it was the same slide length as a Government Model. I carried those for years.