I have carried daily since around 1990.

Started with a Colt Mustang in 380 ACP.

My parents bought me a Taurus 92 for my 40th Birthday, but being a full size pistol it was a bit cumbersome, as concealed carry at that time was illegal in Texas. Due to the nature of my occupation at that time, and the places in BFE I had to frequent, it was worth the risk.

Around 2002 I started carrying a Glock 36, 45 ACP.

IIRC, I carried it for several years and put down a number of wounded deer and hogs with it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Then I got charged by this beast. I put 7 hardball rounds in him in starting about 10 yds. out. He expired at my feet while i was clicking and empty mag.

After that it was no more Mr. Nice Guy. I went out and directly grabbed a Glock 20 SF in 10 mm. I figure sixteen friends are better than 7 or 8.

But now being an old man I have "old man's butt" and a full size pistol and a spare mag tend to expose my shortcomings.

So I compromised for a bit and started carrying a Glock 43 in town.

Glocks are butt ugly, but I've yet to have on malfunction.

When the Sig P365 came on the market I decided to try it as one could have a creatively easy to conceal pistola with capabiltity of 10, 12 or 16 rounds.

It turns out that I shoot it as well as a full size pistol and I"ve only had 1 failure to feed of the three Sig P365 iterations I've owned and carried. I refuse to carry a pistol where an FTF is a factor.

I have others, but these are the 4 that see the most service.

The Glock 17 with light and laser is on the nightstand each night, and accompany me at night when roaming my lease.

The Glock 43 w/ light and laser is available close at hand in case things go bump in the night.

The P 365 Tac Ops w/ red dot is carried in the day (17+1). I"m not a red dot fan at night. Night time I carry the P365, night sights and 12 round mag.

I consider myself fortunate that in +/-33 years of carry I've only had to display my weapon to diffuse the situation.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/30/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.