Originally Posted by bowmanh
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I carry a Sig P365 year round. I shoot it sometimes in IDPA matches and can get good hits to 25 yards pretty consistently.

I think they are a great carry pistol, but in no way can I shoot it as fast or accurately as my P320 X5 Legion which is what I shoot in most matches. But that gun weighs over 40 ounces unloaded and is not very practical for me to carry all the time.

It's easy to carry a P365 in virtually all situations and it's still pretty easy to shoot well. I used to carry a Glock 26 but now prefer the P365.

The choice of a carry gun is a personal preference. The P365 is my choice because I think it balances shootability and ease of carry very well.

Everyone gets to make their own choice based on the factors they think are important. But I will say I'm not that comfortable carrying a .380 or J Frame as a primary weapon.

How did you place in your IDPA matches with your 365, versus your P320?

I score lower with a P365 vs the X5 Legion. Smaller guns are harder to shoot than full size guns. But I still shoot well enough to defend myself.

I should note that in IDPA, a P365 competes in a different division than the P320 X5 Legion. The X5 legion is in Carry Optics (since I use a red dot) and the P365 is in BUG (back up gun.)
Try your scores at 5 yards - the distance at which you would likely be defending yourself anyway. Probably won't be a bit of difference in those scores.