If I knew I was going to be in a bowling alley that was going to be attacked by a guy with an AR10, and a handgun was the only option, I would bring my G40. However, I always have my Sig 938 in a Sticky Holster in my right pocket with a spare mag in the left. Just more convenient on a daily basis. Unless the attacker, unfortunately, was focused on me particularly from the start, I feel like I would have a high probability of giving him a CNS shot or more with that setup while he is blasting away. A long-barreled 10mm would be better, but, at close range, a short-barreled 9mm, that I always have with me, should be sufficient. I like the pocket carry, for me, because I can reach, draw, and fire very quickly without it appearing that I am reaching for a weapon. A bigger issue, to me, than the model of handgun I have (within reason), is whether I had the determination, and the speed and competence of action, to be calmly aggressive and put rounds in the right place, rather than seeking cover. I've programed myself mentally to do so, in the unlikely event I ever am in that scenario. I'm 55. I don't have that much longer to live, in the grand scheme, anyway.