Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by luv2safari
What's the Fire's opinion of the Sig P365?

Those are good guns but in keeping with what Mackay is trying to convey, you need to ask if you can really fight with it.

In all likelihood that answer is no.

The 365XMacros on the other hand are a real beast. Full grip frame, excellent capacity, slimmer profile than a standard double stack and an abbreviated slide. The shorter slide is especially useful if you appendix carry. the reduced sight radius is not much of a factor these days because most everyone is running a dot.

When you reduce the size of your grip frame you're reducing the amount of contact you have with any pistol. This makes you shoot it less effectively than you would a full size. Regardless of skill level.

They also induce all sorts of problems with your draw from concealment. Think trying to grab two fingers instead of somebody's forearm/wrist. The same applies to reloads. Small (short) grip frames suck.

I could be wrong but I don't think I'm overstepping when I say these are some of the points Mackay is making when he says a "gun I can fight with."

Thank You

I appreciate an informed reply.

It looks like the P365 has the same drawbacks as my EC9 and is fatter. I pocket carry, principally due to reaching limitations. It's lower and much easier for me to access, accordingly. GD I hate old age. The EC9 is in the right pocket and extra magazine in the left. The smaller grip frame doesn't lend itself to accuracy for sure, but in my present circumstance it is actually easier for me to grab. It has to do with some fingers not opening when I tell them. The thumb, index, and middle fingers are still online just fine, so the smaller frame isn't a factor for me.

The EC's black sights are a bitch to acquire fast, and they need some paint. What's your suggestion?

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”