Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
In the case of the Lewiston shootings, even having just one female with a little Shield, or P365, or some other compact 9mm or .38 Special, and effectively employing it by putting at least one round into the guts or chest of the bad guy could have altered the whole course of the events.

He may not have died immediately from taking the hit to the guts or chest or wherever, but it may have made him decide that he did not want to do anything else.

One person can make a difference if they are willing to fight back.

Both courage and fear are contagious and I have seen both in action. You can have one person panic and start running, and the next thing you know everyone is panicking and doing the same. Courage works the same way.

People are generally just looking for direction. A leader. Once they see someone take charge and go after the enemy/a bad guy (or whatever the objective is) they too will become bold, all of the sudden, they are not as scared anymore and they will decide to take action as well.

So pack a gun, practice with it, develop your skill sets and be able to protect those you love and care for. Nobody else is going to do it for you.

I haven't read the whole thread yet but besides the original OP, this is probably the best post regarding self defense and defense of others that I have ever seen.

Those of us that haven't been there do not know what we'll actually do.

I have been in plenty of physical fights and I can assure you 95% of them involved friends that were getting into it with someone and the "someones" buddies decided to join in.

I feel that mindset of protecting others would carry over to a gunfight but I'd be lying to myself by thinking that because one just doesn't know until it happens.

On one hand, I've trained in the martial arts so I feel confident enough to defend myself and others that may need it.

On the other hand, I have very little experience in hand gunning, so the confidence isn't there to know "exactly" what I would do.

I know for a fact, I wouldn't do nothing. If the shooter had his back to me, I'd probably tackle his ass before I would shoot him in the back. Again, I don't know.

Who really knows until you're there?

I'm starting to see the light...

If you are well trained, you will have the confidence to take the fight to them. If you are not well trained, you will either cower and run or be a victim yourself.

Mackay, you have opened my eyes and I need to train more with a self defense firearm.

Thank you for that.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...