Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I live in an area that has T-Shirt and shorts weather 6 months of the year. Is there a good set-up for carrying a full-size pistol dressed as such? If so, what is it?

It is incredibly easy.

First you get a proper belt.
Second you buy a good quality holster (and I will expound more on that in a minute).
Third, you don't wear skinny, tight fitting, metro sexual clothing that is 1 size too small for you.

It is important that you buy a but a belt that is meant to support the weight of a handgun, and not just a dress belt. Otherwise with time and use, the belt with break down and start to curve, be floppy and not properly support the weight. Guys then tighten/cinch the belt harder and it becomes so uncomfortable that they stop carrying. They blame this on the gun, saying the gun is too large and buy a smaller gun. It is not a gun problem it is usually a belt/holster problem.

Same with holsters. Guys will spend X amount of dollars on a handgun, and then stick it in a POS holster, because they are tightwads. Then when they discover how uncomfortable the gun is to carry in the POS holster, they blame it on the gun, and will then buy a smaller, less capable gun and buy yet another POS holster, and start the cycle all over again.

Buy a good belt, and a good holster and you might be surprised how easy it is to carry even very large handgun.

I can carry a 4" .44 Magnum N Frame in an IWB Summer Special from Milt Sparks all day. That is a very large gun by any standards. The reason is that I use a good belt and good holster.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Summer Special can conceal a large N Frame S&W very effectively:

A proper IWB rig, like this Executive Companion will allow you to carry a full size steel frame 1911 all day with no issue.

I have found that carrying IWB helps dissipate the weight better than OWB, plus it aids in concealment. I can carry a full size gun in an IWB all summer long, wearing a typical shorts and a t shirt. It is no big deal.

I use belts like "The Wilderness" which are polymer reinforced. I have used them for 20+ years. Or leather ones made by Milt Sparks.

For holsters, my long time favorites are Summer Specials, or variants made by Milt Sparks.

For a kydex/plastic alternative that is on the less expensive side, yet is actually an excellent holster, the Raven Perun is a great holster. It is an OWB high ride rig. They only make them for a limited number of guns, mostly Glocks, but they are excellent and ride very tight against the body. You can wear one under a T shirt in the summer time with no issue if you choose your shirt accordingly. I am normally not much of a plastic holster fan, but the Raven Perun is one that I do like due to the way it rides close in, as well as the fact you can wear it as a straight drop, or canted. It is a an excellent holster and actually one of the better deals in holsters.

Using a good holster and belt, it is not hard at all to carry a handgun that you perform well with under pressure.

I have tried a few OWB set ups while wearing a loose fitting T-Shirt, but my T shirt tended to bunch up on top of the gun. I bought an IWB leather holster for my small revolver and can't quite get cozy with it. Your comment about the belt makes a lot of sense, and I suspect my belts aren't wide and supportive enough. I wish I had a good shop around here. The one shop that has the best and equipment has ridiculous prices and the workers are kinda dicks.

After reading all of the comments in this thread, I realize that I don't have an ideal gun. Out of these the Glock 48 and the Ruger Security 380 are closest to ideal. The Glock 40, Beretta 92 and the Ruger P95 are porkers. I really like the 48 and shoot it pretty well, but it has a 10 round capacity. I don't mind spending money on all the right stuff, but would like to get it right the first time.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Operator error is the leading cause of failure.

Regardless of the discipline.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house