Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by ldholton
several years back I had a Glock 30 and a Kahr CW 45 . if I took my time concentrated on the trigger and took careful aim I would shoot tiger groups on paper with the Kahr. but if I picked up at speed off of table or going to draw for speed I would shoot the Glock much better.. Kahr left Glock got carried daily.

Sounds like my brother, talks to me about what to get....then gets a Kimber SAO leave the hammer down on an empty chamber, with the safety on lol

I don't want a safety, don't want and empty chamber ,,,,,,,,, draw bang bang.

Kinda hard to leave the safety on with the hammer down on a 1911. Or am I missing something?
[img][/img]

"Kimber Micro 9 design advantages is a single action trigger with the kind of short, smooth pull that ensures accuracy and builds confidence. The thumb safety, slide release and magazine release are pure 1911 as well."
Thank for the slavek type response. WTF are you trying to convey?

It doesn’t sound like Bwana is very familiar with the 1911.
Owning and being proficient with a 1911 should be a requirement for American citizenship and the right to vote.

Bwana, the thumb safety on a 1911 can’t be engaged unless the hammer is back. I believe the term “locked and cocked” was coined for carrying a 1911 loaded, round in chamber with the hammer back and safety on. I understand that you got that info from your brother, but you need to get yourself a 1911. You’re missing out on one of the finer things in life. And they carry nicely. Even a 5” model is concealable, especially for a little taller fellow.

You are correct, I never said I owned 1 nor shot one....my brother does. I was only stating he keeps the hammer down on an empty chamber when carrying....and he said the safety on.

Again I don't know, don't care, and I own a number of pistols I carry and none of them are like that.

No safety, no empty chamber, draw bang bang.

EDIT: I understand the 1911 is a great platform and excellent trigger, but I have a bunch of pistols and revolvers I'm very happy with for now.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 10/29/23.