Originally Posted by JakeM78
I have Dawson on my Glock 17. I like the fiber front and black rear. I'm not a fan of dots on rear sights.

Yep, I run a few fiber optic fronts with plain black rear sights. Makes for an uncluttered and fast picture.

The G34 I am wearing right now is like that.

Can't get both the front and rear in focus, but it is simply a green front F.O. sight and black rear.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The G34 is an extremely easy gun to shoot well with. Much like Montana Marine's Glock shown above, guns with that longer sight radius are very easy to shoot when using iron sights.

When I was doing some protection work stateside I ended up using a G34 purely for that reason. I was using iron sights and I told the guys who worked for me that when/if we needed to shoot, it would most likely be in an environment where there would be a numerous other innocent people around, so we all need to shoot extremely precisely. The point was not to shoot a lot, but to shoot well. Bearing that in mind, we did a bunch of drills that focused on precise application of our shots in less than ideal circumstances. Plus lots of "dot" drills. Pure precision work. If possible, taking a 1/2 or 3/4 second longer and getting a very solid sight picture and getting a good CNS hit and stopping crisis before it turned into a bunch of bullets flying everywhere was a goal. There of course is a balance between speed and precision, but a lot of time spent on precise shooting never really hurts.

One individual I used to run around with years ago was a big name in the competition shooting world. He won a bunch of national titles and other awards. He put it in perspective, when he said that you needed to be precise, but go faster and faster until you screw up, then find where your "No miss pace" is. Once you establish your no miss pace, keep pushing and working to get better from there. But when you really need to perform, stay just within the bounds of your no miss pace.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com