In May in a Central Texas River, I'd bring a small roostertail, a small shallow diving crankbait, and the riggings for some Texas rigged worms or lizards (the small kind 4-6" in length). I like a spincast rod with light line (6-8 lb test) for the crankers and roostertails. Maybe 10 to 12 lb line for the Texas Rigs with light'ish bulletweight. This is for bassin' and other sunfishin'.

Of course, the Guadalupe Bass is native to the Llano and folks love to bring their fly gear down.

For catfishin', I'd set some sort of natural bait on the bottom but first I'd definately try some live minnows or bluegill first.

Of course, you could screw all that, grab a small bobber and a lawnchair, some small'ish hooks, and throw on some ole nightcrawlers and catch as many fish (gills, cats, and bass) as everyone else combined more than likely.

Just what has worked for me fishing these kind of rivers for a good chunk of my life. We've caught some decent channels about 40 miles downstream from this place before on live minnows. I imagine the deep hole under the falls will hold some bruiser cats...

Hope I'm not butting in Pat...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.