Originally Posted by LeRoy
Anyone know anything about sending meat/heads back across the border? I am not heading back right away, and not sure if I am going to pull the fifth wheel, or just bring a 4 man Kifaru - any thoughts on that?
If I can take a nice blackbuck, I would probably only take one hog - or maybe two smile
What kind of distance are those b'bucks usually taken?
I plan on bringing my Shiloh 45-70, Puma 44 lever, 9422, and am looking at a Chaparral Arms 1876 50-95 w/a 22" bbl.
If really long range, I could bring my Sendero 300 RUM, or a 308 Ruger. What would you guys recommend?
I REALLY envy the fact that you can carry/hunt with handguns too!

As for booze, I planned on taking some REL BEER for the rendezvous in WY., so I could probably spare a dozen or two for this weekend.

OH YEAH! WTF is this about snakes? :-0 And other crawly things?
DAMN I HATE CRAWLY THINGS!!!

Forms and $$$ go out tomorrow, had to get my daughter to print it off at work - my printer crashed frown

Later...

I would talk to the outfitter and find out what he has to say about this, then of course report back to us on the meat care. I will use a big ice chest, my drive is 4 hours, your's is days long.
Yes your knife will work also, along with the rifles and pistols on the hogs.
This is Texas, this is mid spring time, you may see some bugs. Wear your warm weather boots, watch you step, that's all that's needed.
I'm sure the ranch has a large cooler to keep the meat cool while the weekend is progressing. The staff will be there to help you. They (the ranch) want you to be successful in your hunting, they field dress and I'm sure bring the animal back to the ranch lodge site for you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~